A new Missionary Baptist church in Norman is one step closer to reality! When I last updated everyone on the plans for Norman a couple of weeks ago, I told you that the next step was a formal vote from the sponsoring church. We can check that off the list.
On Sunday morning, July 25th, Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in Blanchard voted to start a mission in Norman. At the same time they elected three couples from the church to go as missionaries to start the new work: Kristian and me, Steve and Lynn Puckett, and David and Tonya Vallerand.
So, we have approval to start a church and we’re hoping to start work this fall.
The next steps (as far as I know right now) are…
- Right now: Studying and “homework” — They have given us a lot of stuff to read.
- Last week of August: I’ll start spending more time in Norman, getting to know people, and seeking God’s direction before we get started.
- September 1-4: Additional training in Blanchard
- September 7: I’ll be preaching at the BMA of Central Oklahoma district meeting.
- October 4: BMA of Oklahoma state meeting at Highland Park-Midwest City — Pleasant Hill will present its work in Norman to the state association to seek support.
Continue to pray for us as we seek God’s direction and prepare to follow it.
“Then He said to them, ‘The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves'” (Luke 10:2-3, NKJV).